Beatrix

Beatrix

Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)

Out of Breath (Breathing, #3) - Rebecca Donovan So, after finally finishing all three books in the Breathing series, I can say the second one – Barely Breathing is my favorite.

I have to say I’m disappointed with Out of Breath, I feel like it’s a step back instead of moving forward. Emma is very depressing here, and first half of the book it’s just annoying. First we’re introduced with this new group of friends, of whom only Serena is authentic and interesting. They’re there at the beginning but as the book progressed, they slowly faded into the background. For example, Peyton is not even mentioned later on..

Also, the alternate perspectives were really confusing, at certain times I didn’t know was it Emma or Evan narrating. Overall, the whole book was predictable, the conflict almost non-existent.

The most disappointing part was the meeting with Jonathan. I was basically reading the book because of that, and then nothing - Hello, I forgive you, bye; it’s not even properly described. That whole part is rushed and I expected a lot more.

I’m really looking forward to Jonathan’s side of the story, to me he’s the most interesting and disturbing character. That’s why [b:Barely Breathing|13454149|Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)|Rebecca Donovan|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1347885288s/13454149.jpg|18981122] is my favorite of the three: it’s different, mysterious, dark.