Beatrix

Beatrix

Unteachable

Unteachable - Leah Raeder One big WOW! This book consumed me so much, I simply could not put it down. I just kept reading and reading until I finished it, and now that I finished it, I'm just thinking about it..

The main reason why this book is so captivating is writing style, and here the praises go to the author - [a:Leah Raeder|7105371|Leah Raeder|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/authors/1378694191p2/7105371.jpg]!
Dear, dearest Leah, please never stop writing and creating, because you are the creator.
Really, it's been a while since I've read a book so beautifully written. So poetic and magical, she takes ordinary things and describes them in such a lovely manner, it's like she sees the world through different eyes.

And the FEELINGS. That is why I read books, and this book made me feel everything, oh how I wish for more books like this one.

I don't usually read the same book twice, but I will definitely be reading this one; simply because of the fear I missed something, to re-read those wonderful sentences, to feel again!

Now as for the theme, I've read plenty of books dealing with teacher/student relationships, but this one is by far the best, it deals with the taboo well, and it tries to portray the very essence of such relationships.
The characters are very real,I liked both Maise and Evan (at the beginning they kinda reminded me of Rose and Dimitri from VA, but only at first when they met).
I loved secondary charactes as well, especially Wes, and the sub-plot with Gary.

This book filled me with so many feelings, it's like now that I've read it I see things a bit differently, I see more beauty, I see that world can be a beautiful place when you're happy, I should try living like Maise more often, enjoying every moment, because in the end those moments are all we have.

This is a story with plenty of romance, humour, sex, life lessons, heartache, but it's mostly about life and love, and Ms. Raeder thank you, once again and I can't wait for your next book!

~So many beautiful quotes in this one, but I'll just put a few of my favourites here:

~That’s all life is. Breathing in, breathing out. The space between two breaths.

~You should love something while you have it, love it fully and without reservation, even if you know you'll lose it someday. We lose everything. If you're trying to avoid loss, there's no point in taking another breath, or letting your heart beat one more time. It all ends.

~I see the lights every night. It seems like the whole world has figured out how to be happy, but no one's letting me in on the secret.

~I can't hold on to you. You're like a shooting star. Just a trail of fire in my hands.

Read the interview with the author on Way Too Hot Books.